Corvallis Housing Resources
Jump to a Section!
Housing Options In Corvallis
Complaints and Reports. Know Your Rights.
Can a landlord evict me, refuse to rent to me, or treat me differently because of my sex, race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical handicap, mental handicap, because I have a service or companion animal, or because of my source of income? Absolutely not! Click the links below if you are a victim of discrimination.
What about retaliation?
It is illegal for a housing provider to retaliate against a housing consumer for inquiring about his / her fair housing rights, filing a discrimination complaint, or otherwise taking steps to legally protect his / her civil rights in housing.
Here is quick read on discrimination from the Fair Housing Council. Reach out to them at 503-223-8197
Here is a larger document, the Landlord and Tenant information booklet. This doc is provided by the Legal Aid Services of Oregon. This covers discrimination, tenant protections, rental agreements, fees, security deposits, and eviction.
Where to Find Help
Shelters and Housing Security
- Wellness Center
- Who? Youth and families couch surfing, living with relatives, runaway, or anyone who just needs help
- Provides food, bedding, medical supplies, transportation. No shelter.
- (Non-Emergency) Number: 541-766-4819
- Address: 1435 SW 35th Street, Corvallis (Western View Center)
- Partnered with Casa Latinos Unidos to provide information and assistance mainly to migrant and refugee families needing assistance with interpreting, translations,
- Oregon Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Who? Victims of domestic or sexual violence
- Provides emergency shelter, counseling,education
- (Non-Emergency) Number: 541-758-0219
- (Emergency) Number: 541-754-0110
- Community Outreach Inc.
- Who? Women, men, adults, youth, and veterans
- Also provides assistance beyond housing; food bank, clinic, and child care.
- (Non-Emergency) Number: (541) 758-3000
- Address: 865 NW Reiman Ave. Corvallis, OR 97330
- Housing Opportunities Action Council operates a Corvallis Winter Men’s Shelter
- Note! Details here are from 2018-2019 season and may not reflect 2020-2021.
- Operates from November to March
- (Non-Emergency) Number: 541-791-6691
- Address: 211 SE Chapman Place
Not just a pandemic, THE pandemic!
- COIVD Rental Relief from Community Services. Applicants must:
- Be living in Linn or Benton or Lincoln County
- Be a renter
- Been impacted by job/income loss due to COVID-19
- Not received rental assistance from CSC in the past 24 months, or anyone in your household
Priority given to those most impacted by the pandemic. Numbers for all counties are given below:
- Linn (541) 704-7646, or (541) 704-7642
- Benton (541) 704-7625
- Lincoln (541) 574-2280
Info for tenants during COVID
- No Residential Evictions due to Non-Payment of Rent
- Majority of Hearings & Trials are Postponed
- Utility Providers are Making Exceptions
- Discrimination of COVID-19 Illness
Read more here